Queen Anne - Georgian Dining Room
The Reverend Christopher Swainson was the private tutor to the 2nd Earl of Powis, his brother Robert Clive, and the Duchess of Northumberland, Lady Charlotte Florentia Percy - the governess to Queen Victoria
Oysters and champagne in the 18th century style. After the 1728 edict of Louis XV- allowing the transport of wine in bottles- champagne became available to a larger audience.
This mirror was once owned by architect Philip T. Shutze.
This "jewel box" of a space was once a mundain dining room -with "cake icing" wainscotting, and no windows. The interior now exhudes elegance and sophistication. The impetus for the design was the purchase of two chinoiserie Edwardian etageres once owned by Eleanor Stout McRae - Georgia's first registered female pilot. The etageres were sketched by Philip T. Shutze when designing the dining room of Dr. & Mrs. Floyd W. McRae. The windows were salvaged from the Shutze designed home of builder William Thompson, the glazing being replaced with mirror. The flooring is American Black walnut and salvaged from "Boxwood House", the Ansley Park home of James Swann Floyd. The floors were originally installed in 1928 to celebrate the wedding of Frances Floyd & Emory Cocke. The Georgian kneehole desk was once owned by Harry Norman, jr. The trim was leftover stock from another project.